• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Barn find front axle p/n 937436 what do they fit

MUDDLY

Found some new front axle assy's, spicer model 30 nsn 2530-00-933-4128 with a part number 937436. Any help to there application would be a great help

quickfarms

Can you post a picture?

Open or closed knuckle?

Do they have brakes? If so disc or drum size

What is the gear ratio?

What it the length from flange to flange, where the wheel bolts to?

The MB and GPW used a model 25

The M38A1 used a model 27

Later CJ's used the model 30 in both closed and later open knuckle.

MUDDLY

Hey thanks for the info. They are closed knuckle with 4.27 ratio. According to my local salvage yard the id number 937436 comes up as m38a1. Do you think that is correct?

sunnyboy

What is the width, WMS* to WMS?

*Wheel Mating Surface
I put 4.27 axles on my 61 3B, I took them of a 1970 CJ5 that had an F head 4cyl., it has the flanged rear axles, also used the T90 and transfer of it since the transmission has the lower 1st gear and the transfer has the bigger intermediate shaft. I also have an older CJ5 which also has 4.27 axles with a F head but has the older rear tapered axles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks