• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Barstow Boom Cranes any SS members besides me get one!!

Just wondering if anyone bid and won on one of the 20 pk19000 up for bid in Barstow GL lot? Oh yea what works best when trying to get it by the wife? Open to any and all suggest!!!! Thanks Mark

Srjeeper

Mark, just tell her that they told ya," If you didn't take it they were gonna have to put it to sleep". :cry:

She'll sigh, kiss ya on the cheek, pat your front and tell ya what a great guy she married. :shock:

Keep in mind too, that's it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. :wink:

Just in case the first story doesn't work :roll:

maritimer

about an hour before it is delivered give her your credit card and ask her to go get some nice shoes and dinner dress cause yuor going out for dinnwer, then sneak it out back behind whats already there. take her for dinner and then act as if it was always there :) works for me when i buy new gun stuff LOL

maritimer said:
about an hour before it is delivered give her your credit card and ask her to go get some nice shoes and dinner dress cause yuor going out for dinnwer, then sneak it out back behind whats already there. take her for dinner and then act as if it was always there :) works for me when i buy new gun stuff LOL
:funny: I got to remember that. Im running outta ways to get approval.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I didn't bid on any (even though I started a nice beat-the-dead-horse thread about putting one on a deuce or 5-ton), after noticing that they all were over $2,200 as of Sunday evening... even the ones with the crane controls stripped out. I was hoping for a cheap price, and I ended up blowing my wad on a batch of CUCVs last week. Doh! :)

They're not coming up on my "Closed Watchlist" page, so I don't know what the final bids on them were.

Based on what my contractor told me today about the going rate for scrap steel, I wonder if somebody bid on all of them just for scrap value. I sure wouldn't mind having one or two of those cranes. Heck, I think it could be cool to ground-mount one in my new workshop.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Srjeeper said:
Mark, just tell her that they told ya," If you didn't take it they were gonna have to put it to sleep". :cry:

She'll sigh, kiss ya on the cheek, pat your front and tell ya what a great guy she married. :shock:

Keep in mind too, that's it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. :wink:

Just in case the first story doesn't work :roll:

I just waited until she gone for a weekend and brought my second truck home and parked it next to the other one and she didn't even notice until I told her. By then it was too late. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks