• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Barstow

DocPA

Anyone picked up in Barstow lately? Do they rush you out or can you put batteries in and check fluids? Is there anyplace right outside Barstow to work on minor repairs? Will they let you tow a truck out with a pickup? Any info would be helpful. I guess I'm asking are they cool or not? Also any parts stores close?

998Junkie

I'd call and ask. I was there a few weeks ago, they kind of want you to leave but they will work with you normally. It took me about 30 minutes to tie down a forklift to a flatbed. Checking fluids would probably be OK...changing fluids, probably not. Once you are off base, you are on route 66...you could probably pull over to do what you need to do there.

But again...call first.

998Junkie

Last time I picked up there they were upset I tied down the load in there yard.
Interesting, for my pick up, I would not have moved the truck with an unsecured 8Klbs forlift sitting on it, so I'm glad they didn't say anything. I asked if I could tie down the load and they said sure. They stopped by once or twice to see how things were going but I never felt they were upset or bothered by what I was doing, we even talked for a few minutes about how things are different from the GL days. Due to traffic I didn't get there until hour before they were closed. Even though I was the only one there at the time picking up they did look busy checking on things and moving some lots.

I called to arrange the pickup, told them the time I thought I'd be there, called when I was close enough to know when I was going to arrive and then called when I got to the gate and at the waiting area.

Artisan

If they are busy they want you gone asap.

It is not real hard to just putt outside the gates and strap up outside
so they can leave. They will not leave you alone inside, thanks
to the thieves of past. I do not care if you are the pope,
no one is left alone inside the gates.

They are as accommodating as they can be and keep the
business running at the same time. If they are busy
they have no time for you, if they are slow and you
are not a jerk they can be very accommodating...

Jus grab your goods and get outside the chain link and
no one will bother you less base security if you are there
for a very long time ...

JRM

If your talking about the Yarmo IP yard I had a great experience, drove threw the night to make it to them by closing. they stayed late, let me fire up the genset to run my air compressor and air up the tires. I pulled outside the gate and took my time hooking up. Great experience with IP at Yarmo
IMG_20160311_164240.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks