• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Maintnance

Loose Deuce

[3]Is it a good idea to use the distilled watter for filling battries when they need it? Seems like I remeber that from somewhere :idea: [/3]

coloradobill

Seems like lots of questions about batteries. I got some battery replenish chemicals from batterystuff.com and a trickle charge for the 24 volt. Prepped batteies-- the kind that came with truck (6TL ?) and cleaned and retightened all connections. Got down to -10 last night and fired right up with the spark plug assist held on for about 20 seconds while cranking, takes about 5 minutes for all cylinders to fire. Use diesel fuel supplement. Alternator is not working even though replaced with rebuilt. Any weak links to check first when tracing out wiring ?? Actually do not need it when using trickle charger but would like it to work.

Had the beast for two years and a couple of K miles and runs well so far.

baja_power

coloradobill

You need to go to the top of the Forum and read the REQUIREMENTS FOR NEW MEMBERS!

You need to complete a PROFILE and put a location in the
SIGNATURE BOX at the bottom of the profile page!

This is done in the CONTROL PANEL.

Thank you!

Pappa-G

coloradobill said:
. Alternator is not working even though replaced with rebuilt. Any weak links to check first when tracing out wiring ??
Check to see if you have 24 v at the alternator when the ignition is on( at the smaller wire ). I picked up a M35 and its alternator was wired wrong. Check the schematic in the Technical Manual.

Don't fill the battery to the top and then charge it up. Just fill to the top of the plates and then charge and top off if needed. Excuse me if I get to technical here :rolleyes: but I guess if you fill a battery with water and then charge it up you will push the water out while you push the volts in, :confused: (it makes a mess)

GoodLuck~Pappa-g

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks