• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Removal V-100

Philh

Is there a trick to removing the lower battery out of a V-100? The brake booster is in the way, do you have to remove the booster?

Phil H

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Presuming you refer to 6TLs, since civvie batteries tend to be smaller - nope, just tilt the left side up and pull it out.

By 'just' I do mean wiggle it, squirm it, cuss and sweat a lot. Best not to have ladies or children nearby. This is from recent personal experience. :roll:

Cheers

B3.3T

Rory is correct, it is not much of a problem. And I've not known it to be a problem unless your setup is not stock. I've seen other brake boosters used and mounted differently.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hadn't really thought of the booster not being in the stock place. Phil, does your setup look similar to this?

Cheers

ps- Wow! the site really squeezed that picture down and took all the quality... But it still shows what it needs to.

Attachments

Philh

I purchesed Jack Tomlin's V-100 years ago, put it back stock and sold it. I put new batterys in and the guy I sold it to called and ask me how to get the lower battery out. I could not remember having any trouble putting them in. I will pass on your info. Thanks Phil H

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks