• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Batterys

ultim8gamr

I bought a battery for mine from NAPA, i don't know if its original type but it gets the job done. 31A is the type/number (?) and i have only found it at NAPA. It is a commercial grade battery for trucks, tractors, and busses.

CCATLETT1984

yes they can, they are made by Deka. The model number is 6TL, any distributor that deals in deka batteries should be able to order them for you. some dealers can get blemish batteries at a hefty discount. a blem battery, as they are called, is simply a battery that has a cosmetic defect. The defect will not affect the life or function of the battery in any way.

International battery dealers can also order in the 6TL maintainence type batteries. At least my local one can, don't know if it's manufactured by Deka or International. They want more for it than I'm prepared to pay just now.

86k10

Thanks i'll check into it. Mine had the 6tmf in it. Not that it needs it, just thought it would be kind of cool to have them big ole things in there and be original.

acetomatoco

Those trays are set up for group 31s also... just look at the threaded holes in the pans...you move the hold down rods and use the second set of holes in the holddowns.. Group 31s were furnished as OE on a lot of em...The dual use is a fine thing...ACE

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Exide made the 6TMF's in my truck. If you think it's fun to get 2 over the fender of a CUCV, you should try lifting 4 over your head into a 900 series ;) It's a great back and shoulder work-out!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
try lifting 4 over your head into a 900 series It's a great back and shoulder work-out!
Chris, is it heavier than lifting a deuce winch out of a Mercedes trunk?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks