• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Be careful with jacks

gtsig

Should we go around and take their bottle jacks:twisted:

Everyone be careful because we want to see and talk to you tomorrow again. Use common cents and think what can go wrong (it will). Better to take 5 mins an hour and be safe then lose an arm leg or life.

98taco3

as someone who has been hurt on the job by a failing hydraulic jack, i give my warning. Never use just a jack to support ANYTHING heavier than a few pounds. 2 years ago i got hurt at work by old and worn out lifting equipment. I was replacing a loadshaft on a tractor when it happened. The drawbar frame is what did it and probably weighed in the hundreds of pounds. Absentmindedly i stuck my finger in the hole to check alignment because the pin would not fit. As i did so, the jack collapsed shearing the end of my finger off in the transmission. Always take care, getting hurt really really really sucks! And remember, dont stick your fingers where you would stick your pecker! :mrgreen:

and for some shock value to complete my point.....

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks