• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

beach ralley

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: RE: beach ralley

CGarbee said:
Chris, you are planning WAY ahead if her due date is in September 2008.

Keep in mind folks, that we are talking about having this gathering NEXT YEAR, but we need to have an idea of who wants to come THIS YEAR in order to get the house...
Ha, yeah, I missed that completely. I think we were talking about 9/07 at Aberdeen. That's what threw me ;)

Good to see you back here Gilbert. I still think the beach rally is a cool idea! My son will be about 13 months next year so it will be much easier for me to get away for a few days!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: update

Boy if the Army lets me out of Korea by then I would like to drive at least the M1009 down if not the duece. Is the driving off road in sand that would give a 900 20 duece trouble?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: update

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Is the driving off road in sand that would give a 900 20 duece trouble?
It depends. In loose sand a deuce w/W and 9.00-20s is kind of a big boat anchor...! But if you deflate the front tires to 18 psi and don't pretend use other than low 1st and 2nd, at least you will be able to move forward and not down. Forget climbing dunes!

CGarbee

RE: Re: RE: update

Glad that this was bumped back up... I have to turn in dates for the beach house in a couple of weeks and have been discussing who gets it when... :)

Anybody have a serious preference for dates in September 2008??

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: update

gilbert21/2ton said:
well i havent been on in a wile so heres an update the raley is still a go as long as cgarbe is still wanting to do it. im sorry you havent herd from me lately i have baght a trucking companey and have been on the road so if people are still interested let me know
Glad to hear you're still kicking, Gilbert! Had a blast at Haspin with you all...

Still interested in going to the beach rally - I have 3 MVs and 2 more coming. So they are ready for the sand and surf.

gilbert21/2ton

RE: Re: update

well the sand area is well packed and the trash trucks are duces so yes deflate tires but we should have no troble in the sand there but make shure your front boots are good! or you wont have a front axel at all if sand gets in there. and yes we need help to get a date set any sugestions would be grateley aprichted.

mhodges

count me in! 1 deuce...maybe a few people too, but a friend's sister lives in KDH, so may stay there and come up to play during the day.... we'll see.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

gilbert has been off this board for a LONG time now, and I think he lives in Arizona now with his family. Long way from NC beaches....

CGarbee

As MD says, Gilbert's been AWOL from the forum, and he was the one who was spearheading this (although I was going to provide one/two beachouses for it) so it didn't happen this year...

My folks are at the beachhouse right now (and will be through Thanksgiving), but the offer to host a gathering in Southern Shores still holds if folks want to do it (it's occupied New Year's), but a spring or fall 2009 gathering can be done...

JR

I am 110% up for this and if you want to get together and try to put a plan together I will help any way I can. I sent you a PM last night, if you want to reply with your number I will give you a call. I know the outer banks really well and go 2 or 3 times a year and would love to help get something going for us SE VA and NE NC folks and anyone else that doesnt mind a drive. It would be great to do a winter trip but I dont think as many people would be into it so we could try for early spring before the house hits prime time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks