• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed cross bowes

sermis

I am looking at getting some troop sides for my deuce. Does the deuce use the same cross bows as the 105 trailer or are the bows specific to the deuce. I found a place that has lots of pieces and parts but I was not sure what I needed to look for.
Wood or fiberglass? He has both and wants $25 for the side troop seats. Which would be a better choice?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you find troop seats for 25$ a side? :shock: especially fiberglass!! :shock: Please PM I need some. I'm trying to get the truck ready to head out mid July.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sermis, definatly fiberglass! and yes the top bows are different. Never seen glass bows, only wood and metal. There are also uprites that you'll need. Seen 4 kinds of those, glass, wood, taller wood..about6 inches or so taller than normal, metal ones. The metal ones are only 12-14 inches or so long as compared to the "normal" ones, 36 or so inches long. Want to see a pic of the glass and metal ones? $25, Thats a deal, i'd jump on it if they aren't cracked!. Oh yeah, you'll need corners too. Dropside corners work on non dropside trucks.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fiberglass is great, best to keep it out of the sun, and/or well-painted. Have had to dismount and paint fiberglass antennas several times due to sun exposure.

sermis

If somebody could post up what I need would be great. I have no idea what is needed to make the troop seats and cover work.
What is the going price for a duece tailgate?

jasonjc

you will need:
2ea sides
1ea end/headach rack
10ea uprights (metal or wood or fiberglass)
10ea corners (metal) reg or drop side
5ea top bows (wood or metal) reg or drop side

sermis

I need a picture so I know what to look for. I thought I found troop sides the other day but they are 10' with uprights every 2 1/2'.

vinny-socom1

Hey Sermis, I 've got a tailgate you can have also an extra set of wood troop seats & headache rack I'm looking for some M105A2 stuff. Just don't know how we can swap? gate & seats are to heavy for shipping. Let me know if your interested I might be able to get a set of fiberglass seats too!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone has a reasonably priced set of fiberglass troop seats i'd pick them up in FL/GA.

sermis

vinny-socom1 said:
Hey Sermis, I 've got a tailgate you can have also an extra set of wood troop seats & headache rack I'm looking for some M105A2 stuff. Just don't know how we can swap? gate & seats are to heavy for shipping. Let me know if your interested I might be able to get a set of fiberglass seats too!
Would love to have them but not sure how to keep the cost of shipping down.

sermis

hndrsonj said:
If anyone has a reasonably priced set of fiberglass troop seats i'd pick them up in FL/GA.
The guy in Gatesvill might have some. I went last night but he had 1 1/2" rain and it was getting late. I was looking for some for myself, just could not make it all work at the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks