• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed mounting holes

Honest Bob

So I am getting a cucv frame ready to accept my 75 c30's body and I seem to be missing the second set (starting at the rear of the cab) of bed mounting holes on the frame for the bed. Is this normal? Maybe I ended up with a M1010 frame?

dependable

Just guessing, but the chevy C-K series pickups changed a lot around 1982. I'm pretty sure all the frames in given production type would have come with a standard set of holes. They certainly did not build a special frame for the M1010(wire harness, yeah, but not frame).

I could be wrong, best bet might be to measure compare a 70's and 80's C/K bed and see if bolts are in same position.

cucvrus

The M1010 has the same frame as every K30. I made at least 7 pickup snow plow trucks out of M1010 CUCV's. All the way back thru the years the 73 GM bed fit on a 1987 GM truck frame. The M1010 had about 12 inches added to the rear frame. Now a cab chassis frame may be a bit of different story. I doubt it but it is possible. Good Luck.

Honest Bob

Just guessing, but the chevy C-K series pickups changed a lot around 1982. I'm pretty sure all the frames in given production type would have come with a standard set of holes. They certainly did not build a special frame for the M1010(wire harness, yeah, but not frame).

I could be wrong, best bet might be to measure compare a 70's and 80's C/K bed and see if bolts are in same position.
I'll have to do that and see what I find.
The M1010 has the same frame as every K30. I made at least 7 pickup snow plow trucks out of M1010 CUCV's. All the way back thru the years the 73 GM bed fit on a 1987 GM truck frame. The M1010 had about 12 inches added to the rear frame. Now a cab chassis frame may be a bit of different story. I doubt it but it is possible. Good Luck.
I'm probably missing something.

nyoffroad

So I am getting a cucv frame ready to accept my 75 c30's body and I seem to be missing the second set (starting at the rear of the cab) of bed mounting holes on the frame for the bed. Is this normal? Maybe I ended up with a M1010 frame?
All Chevy trucks with 8' bed that I know of between 73-87 had 8 bed mounting bolts, I think the holes are there just hiding.
Stupid question, are you sure you don't have a Blazer frame? If so not all is lost but your in for a lot of body work shortening the bed.

nyoffroad

OH boy this brings back some memories! Do you have the front sheet metal on yet? I seem to remember that the core support mounts are at a different height. It's been so long I'm not sure I think we used to have to put a Ford Crown Vic or a hockey puck on top of the stock rubber bushing. The Ford 'bushing' was perferd because it is adjustable from about 1/2" to 1 1/2"

Honest Bob

OH boy this brings back some memories! Do you have the front sheet metal on yet? I seem to remember that the core support mounts are at a different height. It's been so long I'm not sure I think we used to have to put a Ford Crown Vic or a hockey puck on top of the stock rubber bushing. The Ford 'bushing' was perferd because it is adjustable from about 1/2" to 1 1/2"
Not yet. I got a body mount kit for a mid 80's squarebody which from what I have read should work on the newer frame with the older body. However I dont have my hopes up as my 75 seems to have alot of weird parts. Hydroboost parts were different, gas tank brackets have a different bolt pattern than my 77 parts truck and cucv frame and now the bed mounting hole situation.