• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed tie downs

Jeepadict

I came across a set of bed tie downs removed from a 1008/1028 that I would like to integrate into my civvy K25. Anyone know where they would be placed/located in the bed?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jeepadict

Perused the thread and the linked TM at length. They're abundantly clear for the shelter tie-downs for the M1028, but there's no info on the M1008/M1008A1 cargo tie-downs that are spread out along the outboard edges of the cargo bed. I know there's 8 similar with 2 dissimilar, but their exact placement is my loss.

cucvrus

Look at another truck and measure them. I have the tiedowns and reinforcements. The Eye nuts are readily available. Nothing special about any of the hardware but the reinforcements and they aren't real special.

Jeepadict

Look at another truck and measure them. I have the tiedowns and reinforcements. The Eye nuts are readily available. Nothing special about any of the hardware but the reinforcements and they aren't real special.
I would love to copy-n-paste from another truck, but the only 1008 I'm aware of anywhere near me does not have them. If it did I wouldn't have wasted anyone's time asking for help.

cucvrus

I can tell you this. All of them go into the crossmembers. There are only 2 crossmembers (minus the front one) on the aft axle bed floor and 2 on the fore axle bed floor. (minus the rear one) From there you need the special parts to attach them as they were from the factory. And it you have the parts the placement away from the side wall is self explanatory. I put them in M1028 beds before and you need a hole saw thru the crossmember bottom only and a 1/2" hole thru the bed floor. That is about as much help as I can offer. I no longer have any M1008's or beds around to look at.

Bigbondo007

84 m1028 with a M1008 gate. It didn't have rear tiedowns when I purchased it but has the holes. 4 blind nuts in the 1008 tailgate

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks