• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Belts

bus63kombi

I munched both my Alternator belts tonight when I was driving. I was wondering about when I go get new ones, about which ones to get. is one a reg alternator belt, and since the other alt is where the A/C would normally be, is that the other one to get?
thanks

CCATLETT1984

would someone please post the correct #'s The pass side alt and the ps pump belts are stock but the drivers side belt I am unsure of, it could be the same belt as the A/C on the civilian trucks.

CCATLETT1984

Yeah but they can only match them if you have the correct belt and/or you know the correct size and length for it.

I have to change the blets on mine going to auto store in the morning, I will post the belt #'s
I am getting the gatorback belts (lifetime warrenty)

bus63kombi

for me it was a task, I got the one for the Civy A/C. But of coarse it was to long, so I went in and we looked at a couple and I got one that was a couple inches smaller, well that one was to small. So I then went back and got the one inbetween the two and it fit perfectly.

mangus580

RDD, that only works if you had a GOOD, CORRECT belt in the first place. We are talking about one broken here, and one who doesnt think he has the right ones. BIG difference.

CCATLETT1984

I GOT BELT #'S

The belt #'s for GoodYear GatorBack Belts (lifetime Warrenty) are as follows

Fan & PS Pump = 15461
Pass. Alt. & Fan = 15485
Dr. Alt. & Fan & PS Pump = 15581

Fare warning the two alt belts are a little on the tight side, use a flathead to work them onto the pully. Once they are on there is plenty of room to adjust them. The next size up in belts are too big for use on the alternators, at least with the brand that my auto parts store stocks.

red devils dude

mangus580 said:
RDD, that only works if you had a GOOD, CORRECT belt in the first place. We are talking about one broken here, and one who doesnt think he has the right ones. BIG difference.
right then sorry lack of sleep.

Warren Lovell

Napa Belt #s

Here are the NAPA part numbers I used. I just installed these yesterday and drove 250 miles. The original belts were measured on a belt measurer to get the Napa numbers. I hope this helps. The prices are walk in customer pricing. My brother's wife works at Napa and I get the belts at cost + 10%.

Napa Belts and Hoses:

(NBH) 25-7580 ($15.39)
(NBH) 25-7483 ($12.39)

regards,

Warren Lovell

Warren Lovell

25-7483 is the passenger side. You really can't mix the belts up since they are two different sizes.

I don't have the 3rd belt part number since I only replaced the alternator belts.

Warren Lovell

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks