• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beside GUAM, via GL, where ELSE can I find these?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been looking for these 'slats' so I can redo some of my rather worn wood pieces. These are the fiberglass slats the military uses.

I got all excited when I saw this auction. 39 slats. RIGHT UP to the point where I read it was in Guam. I just can't buy a break on this one item.

So, does ANYONE know where I might find these?

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=826015

thx

jim

forklift

I have a similar situation with a loader, and some tires that are in guam. Any Idea how many loops I would have to run through to get some of those things here. I want the loader, but I'm sure it would coast a great deal to get it...or would it??? Any info????

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Com'on guys. SOMEONE here has to know where these silly 'fiberglass slats' are made.

It can't be the only place that has spares is the US base in Guam. SOMEONE else has to have a ton of these.

HEP ME! HEP ME!! And anyone else here who would like one.

jim

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is someone with tons of them! He's in GA. Contact my friend Wayne Harris at papercu@hotmail.com
He has a large stack of the complete troop seats. Be patient as he's not very quick but a really nice guy. I need to go visit him too!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Why do you need the fiberglass ones?
They are widely accepted as being superior to the wood ones

FSBruva

Well, I doubt that you would strongly desire to get something that was widely accepted as inferior... but back to the original question...

WHY?

Matt

ida34

Kenny,
Any chance of you bringing some of these seats up with you when and if you get your trailer?

Chuck

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FSBruva said:
Well, I doubt that you would strongly desire to get something that was widely accepted as inferior... but back to the original question...

WHY?

Matt
Matt,
Because my truck MAINLY has the fiberglass ones. Only two or three on my truck are still wood. A couple of them have had the bolts pull through. All my seats are fiberglass. Most of my uppers are also fiberglass. So it would actually complete my trucks 'mil spec upgraded' look.

that's all.

jim

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably could Chuck! We'll see if that works out on April 12th when bidding closes. I can drag the little M103A3 trailer along and toss them on the back. Don't see why I couldn't just toss the little trailer right on top of the M118A1 for the ride back south. If I win we'll contact Wayne Harris to see what he wants for a set.

TACMED

Trrop Seats

There is alot of these troop seats lying around, I got a set with the fiberglass and cut them down for my M37, worked perfect and look great, and they wont ROT !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks