• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best way to extend an M-819 maunel boom ?

jason@snakeriver

Just brought in an M-819 wrecker. As usuall, I have not read the book yet.
What is the best way to extend or retract the manuel boom on the wrecker? Everyone that ever posted was very happy having the extra boom length of the 819 over the 816.
Thanks, Tom @ Snake River

I dont know the best way but i know what works for me. i hook a chain to the shive end with the pins pulled and 2nd stage all the way out.then hook the other end of the chain to a anchor point and use the retracting motion to pull the 3rd stage out. to retract the 3rd stage just dead head the shive and it pulls it right in with no trouble. i have heard some talk about using the 2nd stage motion to do this without the anchor point but never heard the details.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the tm calls for a push rod between main boom and the tip, there is two brackets that the push rod fit in, you pull the tip pins, extent out the powered boom, place the push rod in the brackets, then retract the powered section, as this goes in the unpowered section is pushed out, keep retracting untill the pin holes line up, to retract the unpowered section, pull the pins, hoist up on the hook, as the hook hits the boom tipand the cable tightens up, the section will pull in, do it SLOW as you can go past the tip pin holes and it is a bit of !#@$%^&*&^$$ getting it back out

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the tm calls for a 3 peice pushrod, i made a 1 peice, i mounted two brackets on the spare tire side of the boom that my pushrod fits in

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks