• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Better trans internals?

Dixon77

I did some searching and came up with a mixed bag of info
I've got a '72 M109 that seems to have a 4th gear that didn't play well with the others. It would grind a little shifting into it over 1500rpms and progressively got to where it just gave up
It must be contagious because my Xterra developed a trans issue too so they are both down.
I'm pulling the Deuce trans here soon to have my trans guy go over it. So, is there any manufacturers that make rebuild kits or stronger (hardened or cryo treated) gears for these Spicer trans?
I'm still daily'ng the Deuce till my Nissan is fixed without 4th so it'll be a while but I'd like to order the stuff now.
Thanks!

rustystud

I did some searching and came up with a mixed bag of info
I've got a '72 M109 that seems to have a 4th gear that didn't play well with the others. It would grind a little shifting into it over 1500rpms and progressively got to where it just gave up
It must be contagious because my Xterra developed a trans issue too so they are both down.
I'm pulling the Deuce trans here soon to have my trans guy go over it. So, is there any manufacturers that make rebuild kits or stronger (hardened or cryo treated) gears for these Spicer trans?
I'm still daily'ng the Deuce till my Nissan is fixed without 4th so it'll be a while but I'd like to order the stuff now.
Thanks!
No one manufactured any "special" parts for the Spicer 3052/3053 transmission. You can send the gears out yourself and have them "Nitrided" and or "Cryo" dipped. If you do go this route, I would buy new gears to do it to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks