• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big Mikes External Brake Fluid Reservoir?

Merc1973

I bought the Big Mikes Motorpool kit some years ago and never installed it. Came to find a lot travel in the brake pedal yesterday, reservoir was just about empty, but i still had brakes. My yard waste run to the dump was cancelled. No wetness on rear wheels, but fronts are wet, mostly from torn boots, more so on passenger side.

Anyways, my reservoir cap has a line (vent) going to a brake line T- block. The kit comes with a brass cap (no threads) for this. How am i supposed to use this brass cap or relocate vent line?

DaneGer21

I bought the Big Mikes Motorpool kit some years ago and never installed it. Came to find a lot travel in the brake pedal yesterday, reservoir was just about empty, but i still had brakes. My yard waste run to the dump was cancelled. No wetness on rear wheels, but fronts are wet, mostly from torn boots, more so on passenger side.

Anyways, my reservoir cap has a line (vent) going to a brake line T- block. The kit comes with a brass cap (no threads) for this. How am i supposed to use this brass cap or relocate vent line?
Here is a video from Tactical Repair, he is installing the kit from Big Mikes

Not sure if that will help address anything or not. Post back if not!

banditt1979

I have read in reviews that the wilwood reservoirs do not have the correct rubber seal cup between the cap and reservoir and it vents to atmosphere. Has anyone else had this experience?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks