• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

biggest tire for a deuce?

forklift

Ok...what is the biggest tire I can put on my deuce without a complete modification? Can I run 14.5x 20's? Can I run those on the rims I have? what about that guy with the 1600x 20s ,how did he do that. I'm dyin' to get the strate shi@. I would appreciate any info you could give, thankyou, jake

CaptainRPM

forklift said:
Ok...what is the biggest tire I can put on my deuce without a complete modification? Can I run 14.5x 20's? Can I run those on the rims I have? what about that guy with the 1600x 20s ,how did he do that. I'm dyin' to get the strate shi@. I would appreciate any info you could give, thankyou, jake
i beleave biggest ya can run on a deuce is 1100/20s with no modification
and can run your rims

Jones

Jake,
I've got 16X20 HEMTT tires on my baby HEMTT; which started out life as an M35. To mount them I ended up going with 5 ton axles from an M900 series truck along with 10.00X20 ten-hole Budd wheels. Not exactly your weekend flip-the-hubs operation. See the pictures under my "baby HEMTT" posts in the Deuce Mods section of the forum.

Jones

You're right Matt, The rear bogey with axles was one of the first things to go after we had the frame exposed. I'll have some more pictures in a day or two and you can see it with fuel and air tanks in place and with the steering box mounted. Working on skidplate framework and brackets for the engine dog house and walkways. Fenders are next after that.

hot rod deuce

Hey guys, No need for fancy tubles rims for the bigger sizes, just run the tube! the XZL or XML(which ever i have) are tube or tubeless. the XL's are supposed to be tube type only. I am running the 2 1/2 ton axles with home made rims. Just added 3 inches and got 10.5x20. Not that big of a deal to make.

Out back i made all new boggie arms from all DOM. The leaf springs were a little harder. You will find that most spring companys wont make a 2 1/2" wide leaf over like 58 inches and you need around 64 total. They say they are hard to keep strait that narrow or some thing like that. I quickly talked a duluth complany into giving it try anyway. The're great plenty close enough.

made up a 3 inch suspension lift by dropping all hangers down 3 inches. Followed that up with a 3 inch body lift. Some people will tell you the 1600's will run with no lift. They are right but all wrong at the same time.They will go on and move down the road but dont ask for any suspension travel.

I would also advise power steering, im not much of an air assist system, it makes it much more fun to drive.

Hey mangus, if your out there, is there anyway i could put this one the main page or some kind of stickey on the mods page so it is easy for newbies to find with out wasting time with the search button? All the new people wana know about it and we just tease them with a couple pics. I know id be frutrated.

jwaller

CaptainRPM said:
forklift said:
i beleave biggest ya can run on a deuce is 1100/20s with no modification
and can run your rims
so I can run NDT's 11x20 and keep the duals in the rear and keep the std wheels? this is an M35A2.

jwaller

nvr mind, I saw on the eastern surplus site that they did in fact install new 11x20's on stock wheels and duals in the rear on a 2.5T dump, so here I go 11x20's here I come.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks