• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BII question for M-37/M43

John Shipley

Good evening...I'm puting together the BII for a M43....Can anyone give guidance on the "Bar, Socket Wrench Handle" ? I know it's 3/4 inch by 30 inch... Was it "L" shaped or straight?....Simple cold-rolled or hardened...Any info on the bar or other BII sure would be helpful !.... THANKS, best regards, John.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the breakover bar that fits into the lug wrench. This is commercially available from Ken-Tool. It is a straight rod, hardened, with one end crimped.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M-37 BII is in the -20 parts manual, if you are interested. If you don't have one, I'll try to post a copy of the page.

Storm 51

John Shipley

Good evening Storm 51....Thanks for the offer...very nice. I got the TMs up to and including depot maint. I'm still looking for patient compartment hardware and fittings; know of any suppliers? My son's at Ft. Lewis and I think he would shag parts from your area....THANKS AND BEST WISHES....John:beer:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, John, I don't know much about where to find M-43 parts. I spent time in those in the military (91U20 and some 91D20. Started as a 91A20 (?). It was a looong time ago).

All of my MV experience since ETS has been M-37 / M-42 and all the associated "accessories". Since the running gear is the same however, if your son ever wanders up toward the north end of Lake Washington (just north of Seattle) have him give me a call and we can have a few beers (I'll buy) and poke through a 32 year collection of MV stuff.

PM me and I'll send you the contact info. :beer:

Storm 51

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks