• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Black wire with 1/2 in round eyelet metal tag say L 53 near starter on 1083 ??????

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any ideas on what this wire is supposed hook up to found it hanging under starter this morning and also a single wire in a plastic wire loom with a red/blue under clear plastic crimped on on the end ??

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know, but have you looked at the wiring diagrams in the back of the TMs? They list the tag numbers for everything, so you should be able to find it. You might even be able to do a text search in the PDF for it (not entirely sure it will work, but worth a try).

Ronmar

It runs up thru several connectors to the STE/ICE connector by your left knee when seated. So basically it is not used:) it’s exact function is not clear as the specific functions of the wires connected at the starter are not shown in the schematic. It is either used for the STE to remote start or sense the voltage at the starter for some test...

You can probably see what specifically L53 connects to on the starter replacement procedure in the manual if you are curious. Unless you have a STE system or plan on using the STE, I would cut it back and tape it off...

You can also easily pull out the STE connector, junction box and frequency divider under the dash, as STE is their whole purpose. I pulled all mine, Only has 2 connectors and takes about 2 minutes:)

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know, but have you looked at the wiring diagrams in the back of the TMs? They list the tag numbers for everything, so you should be able to find it. You might even be able to do a text search in the PDF for it (not entirely sure it will work, but worth a try).
I spent 2 hours last nite digging through the tms listed on this site under 1078 i found starter stuff at one point but no where i looked had this L 53 and i think from what i read there is a T in front of the L53 but i didnt see it on the metal band since ive had this truck ive always had to keep a push button jumper down at the starter solenoid . You have to turn on key switch flip master on then get down out of truck and reach under to hit the push button to start and ive not really minded thinking one more theft deturent then i found these 2 wires the other morning hopeing the L53 might be my problem . If i get a few days of rain i think im going to try to break some of theses TMs down to (electrical) (engine) (trans) so on so on to help folks dig thru all these tms a little faster . There may be an index some where i havnt found for fm /lm trucks I will try the txt thing in pdf and see what happens Thanks for the info

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It runs up thru several connectors to the STE/ICE connector by your left knee when seated. So basically it is not used:) it’s exact function is not clear as the specific functions of the wires connected at the starter are not shown in the schematic. It is either used for the STE to remote start or sense the voltage at the starter for some test...

You can probably see what specifically L53 connects to on the starter replacement procedure in the manual if you are curious. Unless you have a STE system or plan on using the STE, I would cut it back and tape it off...

You can also easily pull out the STE connector, junction box and frequency divider under the dash, as STE is their whole purpose. I pulled all mine, Only has 2 connectors and takes about 2 minutes:)
I will try that as well !!! It seemed like i went thru 1000 pages last night it would look good for a minute then no L 53 and im not putting on a remote start one less thing to have to worry about . Thanks

Ronmar

It is seen on foldout 7 of 34 in the electrical schematic. It is TL 53 (tl stands for terminal lug). The other number I circled is B47 which are the map coordinates where those wires are found again. Using the Letters and numbers found around each page, you can trace the circuit thru the many pages as the information is sorted across the pages by where it is found on the vehicle. The dashed line found around each page perimeter has a label in the upper left corner indicating the part on the truck you are looking at.

4DC1A351-A1E5-4F61-8928-9A49EC5E8F9A.jpeg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is seen on foldout 7 of 34 in the electrical schematic. It is TL 53 (tl stands for terminal lug). The other number I circled is B47 which are the map coordinates where those wires are found again. Using the Letters and numbers found around each page, you can trace the circuit thru the many pages as the information is sorted across the pages by where it is found on the vehicle. The dashed line found around each page perimeter has a label in the upper left corner indicating the part on the truck you are looking at.

View attachment 813075
I was in the wrong tm i still havnt found this map but i will Thanks again

coachgeo

my pdf's I downloaded will do text search. It takes a special pdf program to create searchable docs and I suspect all the ones done by US Gov. used such software.

Ronmar

I was in the wrong tm i still havnt found this map but i will Thanks again
That schematic is near the back of all the 20 series manuals 20-1 thru 20-5. In 20-1 it is about 1650 Pdf pages Into the manual. In the 20-2 it is about 1350 pages, right before the sample change forms all the way in the back...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That schematic is near the back of all the 20 series manuals 20-1 thru 20-5. In 20-1 it is about 1650 Pdf pages Into the manual. In the 20-2 it is about 1350 pages, right before the sample change forms all the way in the back...
There is no way i would have found this info without you doing it !!!!!!! Im awful on computer skills and most of its over my head so hats off to all you folks that help us dummies on this website and i know it must be like ground hog day every day for yall that keep helping and helping. Hopefully you will be repaid in good karma for your help !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks