• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blackout lights on with service lights

saltman

Was curious if anyone has wired the blackout lights/switch to function in the service lights position? I would like to use the existing wiring and switches for low draw led utility lights and not lose the service lights function. Was hoping this might be a quick fix/mod with some jumpers, thank you!

MarcusOReallyus

Was curious if anyone has wired the blackout lights/switch to function in the service lights position? I would like to use the existing wiring and switches for low draw led utility lights and not lose the service lights function. Was hoping this might be a quick fix/mod with some jumpers, thank you!

See my thread on a jumper approach to disabling the BO lights. Leaves it in permanent service light position. I have the wiring diagram posted. You should be able to adapt it to your needs.

saltman

That helps a lot thank you! Looks like the middle terminals supply the power and I just need to jumper the top and bottom if I still wanted the switch to be able to kill them all in the middle position. Does anyone have a thought on how to do it if one wanted to retain the ability to kill the service lights in the blackout mode, but still have the blackouts function in the service mode? I rather not build a custom harness with diodes etc. to make the aforementioned work assuming that’s what it would take, thank you!

MarcusOReallyus

Hmmm. Shooting from the hip, here, without looking at the diagrams:

There is a BO kill switch next to the main switch. If you run the service light power through that switch, you could kill the service lights that way. But you'd need to supply power to the BO lights at the same time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks