• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blazer up the Chute at Three Feathers : need more droop

Doesn't look that bad to me. Video quality was rough but I didn't hear any tires spinning.
I remember when the chute was the only way down that hill, before people blazed the other paths.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, sorry about the video quality, it was a spontaneous effort by one of the guys with a cell phone. The other vehicles took the bypass, looked too easy to me, so I headed up "The Chute". When the others saw what I was doing, one ran over to spot and another to film. I am grateful to the spotter as I cannot see over the hood of the Blazer, the obstacle is steeper than it looks. It wasn't really that bad due to the wide stance of the Blazer. The skinny-a$$ jeeps are more challenged :)

Gunfighter1

Nice looking rig, what size tires are you running and how much lift? Have you thought about making some shock towers for it to run a longer shock? I remember people using f250/350 shock mounts for different applications like that ill see if i can find a link to one.

richingalveston

you can get the f250 shock towers form ord if no where else. you need them to run the bilsteen shocks. you need longer shocks or limit straps. IF the shock is doing the limiting, it will not last long.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hoops + longer shocks + limit straps are on the to-do-soon list :) First is the weld-on frame reinforcement kit from ORD. I have the brace, but the frame cracked anyway, so will add the reinforcing.

The truck presently has a 4" skyjacker lift, but it seems more like 6" to me. I'll be taking 2 " out. Tires are the Goodyear 36" bias ply military takeoffs, run at 10 psi with cut down mag runflats. They work OK, but I'm looking for something stickier. The two most capable rigs that I run with have Iterco IROCS and Boggers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks