• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blocking the fresh air inlet..... sound reduction

ramdough

I am thinking of blocking the fresh air inlet when I do the AC install. My understanding is that a lot of noise (fan and other) comes through that hole.

My thought is cover the hole with a metal plate, mastic or weld it in place, then use a hood liner underneath and dynamat type material on top.

Are there any concerns or issues I have not thought of?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

No, if I need fresh air, I will crack a window. Otherwise, just run heat, ac, or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMHO recommend adding a vent if you block that lower one... esp in TX.... you need air flow when it is parked. a low vent to pull cooler air from closer to ground...... and a high vent to let rising hot air escape. Your wiring and all plastic things inside the cab would really like to not make the cab more of an oven than it already is when sitting in the sun

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks