• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

blowing brake fluid from the vent line from the air pack

DieselBob

I hooked up pressure bleeder and fluid sprays out of the vent line behind the air intake. My setup still has the small cap vent that goes down to the main copper t fitting. I also have a remote reservoir t'd into the top of the cap.
I’m wondering just how you tied in the remote reservoir and the vent line into the MC and don’t have the remote reservoir filling the MC and then filling the vent line with brake fluid. How did you attached a pressure bleeder to this setup. I must not be getting something here but I just can’t envision the plumbing and how it wouldn’t cause the vent line to fill with brake fluid.

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
airpack.jpg
Started my rebuild last night. Have it tore down completely. The canister doesn't look bad at all, but the other side was full of rusty crud. I'm going to order the rebuild kit off fleabay. I just rebuilt the master cylinder, so I hope this all that's left to fix. Everything else is completely new. I lost a quart of brake fluid out the vent before deciding to pull the airpack.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
View attachment 719906
Started my rebuild last night. Have it tore down completely. The canister doesn't look bad at all, but the other side was full of rusty crud. I'm going to order the rebuild kit off fleabay. I just rebuilt the master cylinder, so I hope this all that's left to fix. Everything else is completely new. I lost a quart of brake fluid out the vent before deciding to pull the airpack.
I did make an attempt at placing air pak study resources in one thread and put a title it so it could be found. A lot of people expended effort to teach and show, show and tell was always my favorite subject.
The new, short style repairs is a sticky but not the "older" style. The treatise rustystud did, (Washington State), is really good.
Anyhow, It is not all conclusive but a lot is there to help.

the full title is................
Thread: air-pack Air Pack airpac air-hydraulic airpak air-hydraulic cylinder
The link is ...
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...c-air-hydraulic-airpak-air-hydraulic-cylinder

The Roscommon .pdf attached is worth reading too, first thing on page two.
View attachment master cylinder remote roscommon nn17.pdf

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks