• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blue CCKW-352

movcondude

I have just begon a restorstion of a ex norway earley 352 which seems to be born blue as the last layer of paint is in airforce blue... Anybody out there who have any idea if this could an Army Air Force vehicle or if it might belongs to the Lend- Lease programe and therefore an ex RAF...

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
The US Army Air Forces vehicles were all OD green. The US Air Force became a separate branch of our armed forces in August, 1947. The color wasn't changed to blue until the early 1950s. My guess, then, is that you're probably on the right track with the lend-lease idea.

bunkerratte

My norwegian 353 is the same: blue colour all around (some layers of OD over it) and I asked myself (and other) the same question.
Still don't know the answer.

@movcondude: Do you know more since your last post?

Frank

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks