• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bob rear saddle wedge.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK im loosing it so refresh me. On the bobber rear top saddle wedge goes with the taper getting larger to to rear of the truck so it will twist the input up a bit to decrease drive line angle? Thanks

Attachments

No I think you'd want it towards the front of the truck. My truck has flat lift blocks in it and could use a wedge to clock the front of the differential down.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I did it I checked both ways and used Deuce front springs just like this time. It is so much easer if you know which way to begin with. I hate getting old.

rustystud

Last time I did it I checked both ways and used Deuce front springs just like this time. It is so much easer if you know which way to begin with. I hate getting old.
At least your getting old in a warm climate ! Out here in the NW I can feel the cold rain seep into my bones ! and now summer is almost over! My bones are aching just thinking about it ! I hear Texas is a nice place to live .

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would leave Floridia in a heart beat but I have to get rid of all the green steel first. Did sell one this week and he wants to bob but I don't rember which way the saddle goes. I also forgot who I sold the last Deuce bobber to so if I get worse someone shoot me. I will put on some deer antlers and we will call it a hunting accident.

Come on guys and girls help the old man out. Last time I used Deuce front springs and it's saddles and 105 bed.
I will go with LT. Dans thoughts if no one chimes in and rembers what they did. Thanks.

Last edited:

w3azel

I'd be interested in what you find. I know for my truck, granted it has an extended drive line, the angle was way out of alignment and still is to an extent. I have to modify the perch to get the angle back into the optimal 1-2*. I think I have 5* on the farthest back joint going into the axle.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be interested in what you find. I know for my truck, granted it has an extended drive line, the angle was way out of alignment and still is to an extent. I have to modify the perch to get the angle back into the optimal 1-2*. I think I have 5* on the farthest back joint going into the axle.
I don't know what I found but I will only use Deuce springs and hardware over the 105 springs. When set correct the Deuce upper perch with the taper up going forward to the cab to cock the axle down will give you just about a straight drive line angle. I forget how many inches I added to the drive line but I did use the 105 bed and it is set about one inch from the cab. I sold the truck so I am at a loss for my figures.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks