• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed 1953 M35 Studebaker/REO Gasser

A Seabee

Hello everyone, I bought this truck a couple days ago, and am busy sorting things out. I found this thread on the truck, https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/brought-it-home-m35-bobbed.156979/

But...I still have many questions. first and foremost, what configuration was this rig originally? does anyone have serial number search capability? It's M-36070, built 3-23-1953. still has what appears to be the original engine. runs pretty strong. I'm after an under the cab muffler and some missing pieces on the grille guard. any and all info would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_3793.jpg

Last edited:

A Seabee

I'm rusty at the TMs, but here is a pic of the brush guard. I need the two lower horizontal pieces of steel that bolt in there. I assum that at some point there was a winch protecting the lower half of the radiator. I suppose I could fabricate them if I have to. I'd love to have the winch back, but in due time...

Screenshot_2020-10-04 TM 9-2320-209-20 FULL FINAL pdf - TM9-2320-209-20-2 pdf.png

m715mike

But...I still have many questions. first and foremost, what configuration was this rig originally? does anyone have serial number search capability? It's M-36070, built 3-23-1953. still has what appears to be the original engine. runs pretty strong.
The best info on serial numbers I’ve ever seen is in this thread (try post 64):

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks