• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobber in the Snow

I cruised the Boog around in the snow today. There was only 12 to 18 inches of snow so I could go just about anywhere I wanted. I have a set of four tire chains for when it gets deeper, can't wait to try 'em. I also have a Video of the Boog crawling around in the snow I'll post up in a bit.

Greg

Attachments

Where's the 53" tall tires you had on it?

Tom
I run my grooved 900x20's in the Winter. The 53's really don't work very well in the snow and ice. It's like driving on four big balloons and I usually end up sliding to the bottom of what ever and have to winch myself out. I think the 53's have too much surface area and don't really flex enough on a 11,000# truck. They are good for flying down the hi way and looking cool tho !

PROSTOCKTOM

I run my grooved 900x20's in the Winter. The 53's really don't work very well in the snow and ice. It's like driving on four big balloons and I usually end up sliding to the bottom of what ever and have to winch myself out. I think the 53's have too much surface area and don't really flex enough on a 11,000# truck. They are good for flying down the hi way and looking cool tho !
Yeah I could see that.

Pounds per square inch are your friend in winter weather.

I'll bet it will go anywhere on those narrow tires.

Tom