• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boggers on M1008

Randyw

I am wanting to run 44" boggers on my 84 m1008. I will be purchasing some steel wheels for the project and wanted to know if anyone had an idea on what back spacing I will need on the wheel. I will be running a 12" wide 16" wheel the tires will be 44"x 18.5. Thanks for any help!

Randyw

I just realized I posted this in the wrong place. Lol! Sharecropper I appreciate the offer but I want go with the boggers. CUCVLover I already have a set of Humvee wheels with the 37's on them. The truck right now has a 6" lift and I soon will be going with a 12" for this project. I really wanted to go with a fairly inexpensive steel wheel for the new 44"s. I just need to know what backspacing to order the wheels with that will work with that tire. Thank you!

richingalveston

The back spacing normally would be not more than 4 inch. however a tire that tall and wide will require a much different setup.

I hear you need 2 inch spacers to run stock hummer rims with hummer tires. Stock hummer rims have 7.5 back space so maybe you can go up to 5.5 back spacing but that is with a 14.5 wide tire at 36 tall (actual measurements) Being 8 inches taller will require approx. 2 inches additional back spacing. Being 4 inches wider will require an additional 2 inches.

So in general approximation you will probably need about an inch of back spacing which you will probably not be able to find. I think 3.5 is as low as most go so you will probably need a rim with the least amount of back spacing you can find and then make up the difference with spacers.

My memory may fail me some on the actual hummer tire width but an 18.5 inch wide tire is going to take some $ to make work

I am assuming you are doing a massive lift or removing the fenders.

Need a lot more info on the build. I would get things built first then pick the wheel.

I have 11 inch wide x 39 tall tires and I my rims are 16X8 with 4 inch of back spacing. I have about an inch of clearance between the tire and frame when fully turned.

Randyw

Thanks richingalveston! The truck will have 12" of lift with crossover and hydro assist steering. I will not be running the Humvee wheels I will be purchasing new wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks