• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bought mrap wheels and tires but have different lug pattern

sandcobra164

People on here do make adapters to make them fit. You only need 6 per truck. They have a slightly larger circle than the 10 lug bud pattern. Price seems to run from about $550 up for adapters and bolts. A quick search on epay turned up a few for sale. A member on here by screen name peashooter used to make them. He had some pretty high quality units from what I could tell.

JonMolander

Ouch. Did you get suckered into buying these from someone who didn't tell you that you'd need adapters? Lame.

I just got my MRAP wheel adapters finished. A buddy of mine cut them on a water jet. Expect to pay anywhere from $300-$800 for a set depending on material choice, machine selection, and if you have a buddy or not. Then an additional $200 for bolts and nuts. The wheels are hub-centered. And deuce wheels are stud-centered. So the inner lug pattern will need to be tapered to Budd specs. If you need more specific details, I can help since peashooter is no longer in the business.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ouch. Did you get suckered into buying these from someone who didn't tell you that you'd need adapters? Lame.

I just got my MRAP wheel adapters finished. A buddy of mine cut them on a water jet. Expect to pay anywhere from $300-$800 for a set depending on material choice, machine selection, and if you have a buddy or not. Then an additional $200 for bolts and nuts. The wheels are hub-centered. And deuce wheels are stud-centered. So the inner lug pattern will need to be tapered to Budd specs. If you need more specific details, I can help since peashooter is no longer in the business.

As I understand the original post, he has mrap rims that are atypical for mrap rims....

JonMolander

Hmm not sure I understand then. Mine are also 10 lug. But I was under the impression that the Budd system was a way of tapering holes and using a proprietary inner and out lug nuts to make the wheels stud-centered. The inside pattern on an adapter for a deuce will be Budd, but the outer on mine is hub-centered for the MRAP wheel. That's the piece we're missing, I think.

I have the Hutchinson aluminum 22-bolt type. Sorry, I don't have a part number handy.

Caddy, do you have a part number, picture, or better description so we can better assist?

peashooter

Most MRAP wheels out there have an 11" center hole, those are the ones that can bolt onto a deuce using an adapter plate. There are some MRAP wheels that have a 5 ton bolt spacing and a center hole closer to 9" diameter.... those wheels will not bolt up to a deuce without some major modification to the rim and an adapter. If you have the aluminum mrap wheels with the 5 ton bolt spacing then I'd just try to get rid of them I don't think they will even fit a 5 ton truck because they are so thick and you cant even weld an adapter plate onto them. Check to see if you can get your money back or perhaps scrap value on them is high enough to make it worth while (I was told folks were getting $75 per alum rim in scrap a while back). Find some MRAP rims with an 11" center hole or some Rims from an A3 truck if you are okay with the tire/rim bead mismatch.

peashooter

Looks like lmtv wheels. Should be ale to sell them to the 5ton crowd also.
I agree with 98G, those are the LMTV/FMTV wheels so you shouldnt have trouble finding a home for those. People have made those fit the deuce also. PATRACY had some modified versions of those for a while that had a new flage welded in the center. I had made some adapters for a short time that would bolt on with some modification also but not sure there is anything out there at the moment.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...-COMBAT-rims&p=1404071&viewfull=1#post1404071

my blood flows OD

I had a set of steel mrap rims? I got them from Oshkosh equipment. And I used peashooters adapter plate to put them on my bobbed deuce. Sad to hear that he is on longer making adapters. His prices where great and the quality was top notch.

peashooter

I'd use a magnet, but that's just me. :)

I have the aluminum MRAPs. Can someone confirm the weight difference? I've heard 62lbs lighter than steel of the same size.
There are a couple different steel Mrap versions, I think the 12 bolt steel ones are the heaviest. There are 3 different commonly found aluminum Mrap wheels and a couple more uncommon ones. I don't know numbers off the top of my head but the lightest aluminum Mrap rim is nearly 100 lbs lighter than the heaviest steel one. I'm sure 62lbs isn't a stretch by any means.

Tank1995

There are a couple different steel Mrap versions, I think the 12 bolt steel ones are the heaviest. There are 3 different commonly found aluminum Mrap wheels and a couple more uncommon ones. I don't know numbers off the top of my head but the lightest aluminum Mrap rim is nearly 100 lbs lighter than the heaviest steel one. I'm sure 62lbs isn't a stretch by any means.
Just picked up 6 @$30/each. I'm hoping these will work for my Deuce.

Attachments

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just picked up 6 @$30/each. I'm hoping these will work for my Deuce.
Before you buy adapters or mount any tires mock one of those up one the front. I think that may be one of the variants that has too much backspace and hits the tie rod end. When mocking up remember your adapter will space the rim out 3/8”-1/2” depending on the adapter thickness…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks