• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brake bleeding after airpack rebuild

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
on pickup trucks i have replace mastercylinders without having to bleed the entire brake system. it this possible on a deuce?? i just rebuilt my air pack and master cylinder. i bench bled the master cylinder and have read the tm on bleeding the airpack. do i need to bleed the entire system all the way at the wheels though??

bugei

the ofishal recovery4X4 bleeder

mudlord

this is the answer to duece brake bleeding

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3439&highlight=r4x4

this bleeder will cost you about $15 and take you about 10 total minutes to build. the trip to home depot or lowes will actually be the longest part. so, the whole bleeding thing will be so easy, that you will not sweat it at all. it has been the general consensus that blead brakes are happy brakes, and this bleeder makes bleeding such a no brainer that you will just do it whenever you have any questions.

i resisted, then built this bad boy, and now sometimes i just bleed the brakes for fun.

steelandcanvas

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would just do the front tandem driver's side and if I had to bet than yes you will get small amount of air. My .02 and that's the bet.

Well I'd say you feel if this is necessary when stepping on the brake pedal after changing and bleeding the mbc. I swapped my mbc a few months ago, but the truck sat for a while without an mbc at all and this probably drained more fluid out of the lines over the time. Therefore I had to crack all the wheel cylinders. Most of the air seemed to have been in the rear lines.
I constructed a simple helper for the bleeding job: fix a pully with a rope under the left front wheel, and run another rope through the pully to the brake arm. The pully gives you enough leverage to move the brake arm adequatly to bleed the brakes, and it works from all positions under the truck. Great to take along in a "care package" too, in case one has to work on a brake cylinder while being on a trip.
Bleeding the whole system took about 20 minutes with this setup, and I did it completely alone.

Cheers,
Mark

bugei

mudlord,
yes the pressure bleeder pushes the fluid through the system. you just fill the bug sprayer with fluid, pump it up, and start opening cylinder bleeders. as long as there is fluid, you will be good, just pump it up once in a while. mine just screws onto the vent top on the master cylinder.

bugei

speed bleeders are a one way valve, they replace the normal bleed screw on the wheel cylinder. when there is pressure behind them, they let the fluid and air out, but don't let air back in. they really work great. i actually purchased a set, and had them sitting on the truck seat when i built the $12 power bleeder. we have a summit racing store in town, so they were easy to get. this is the summit link

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=RUS-639510&N=700+115&autoview=sku

but once i built the power bleeder, why bother with any thing else. i could see exactly what was coming out, so pump it up, crack the bleeder, wait for the air to stop, tighten the bleeder, and you are on to the next wheel. i could not believe it either, it really was that easy. 10 minutes maybe 15 with clean up, done. a few weeks before, i had used the "wife method" to bleed the brakes on a different truck, you pretty much need to only do that once and you will be looking for alternate solutions.

bugei

you will find your self bleeding your neighbors brakes just for fun. btw, dont forget to have a short piece of hose and some kind of bottle to catch the "out flow", i usually forget that until after i am laying under the truck.

have fun

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks