• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Leak

Hello,

Ever since I bought my XM813 it has required a triple press of the brakes. 1 pump little to no braking force, second pump, much more break power, third pump great brakes, but if you push too hard prepare for tire chirping.

I found a leak where the all new brake lines connect to the new master cylinder. It was a very small leak but my theory is it was letting air in the lines. Once I removed all of the connections and re installed it leaks much worse to the point where it has little to no pedal resistance and the fluid pours out. I have attached a picture showing where the current leak (red arrow) comes from, it bubbles out of that connection. The yellow arrow I believe was the old leak, but I removed a copper washer that was there and now it does not visually leak anything from that connection.

The picture showing all of the connectors is what it looks like off the truck. I am showing the connecting surfaces. The little bushing in the middle was given to me by my dad who thought it might help, and it appears that it might fix it, but before putting that between the connectors and tightening down I wanted to run it by you guys. I have been all over town and the various truck equipment places do not have any "better" fittings. One suggested I get the higher end JB weld and permanently connect them. But before I do something that can never be reversed I wanted to see what you recommend. Thanks everyone.

Leak Location.jpgFittings.jpg

red

That's just a thread adapter. Try it with the new bushing and if it keeps leaking take both fittings to a hydraulic hose/fitting store (Such as EVCO House of hose), they will have new fittings.

I will give that a go tomorrow! I have taken the fittings to the local place that made the custom brake lines they do all types of custom hoses. They claim they have no better way of doing this than what I have. It would be really nice if the common brake line fitting would bolt directly to the master cylinder and now need these two adapters.

Yesterday I did more work on the lines. I realized that the small flex tube connecting the MC to the main lines was a much smaller diameter than the line that goes to the rear brakes. Upon closer inspection the smaller line looks like what a car would have on the front brakes. Upon removing the hose again it is apparent that it was connecting the smaller tubing to a 3/8 fitting therefore the leak. I installed a new solid steel 3/8 lines from the distribution block to the MC and now no apparent leaks. I hope to get the system bled between now and Saturday. I consider this resolved, thanks!