• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake light issues.

1088logtruck

I bought my 1088 with no lights working and missing turn signal switch, and almost all the relays and fuses were bad, in the wrong spot(12/24) and missing.
After going thru and adding all the led lights and new relays, fuses, and turn switch I have all lights but no brake lights, and hazards only light up in the front
I found the two brake light switches on the foot valve and tested all 4 terminals and they are all grounded and if I take the wires all off they're still coming back as ground but if I probe power in one side of either switch with them disconnected then hit the brakes the switches work.
I'd rather fix the issue instead of running new wires in the dash but if I have to I will just seems like it's probably a stupid issue I just ran out of ideas on where to look next. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

1088logtruck

I bought my 1088 with no lights working and missing turn signal switch, and almost all the relays and fuses were bad, in the wrong spot(12/24) and missing.
After going thru and adding all the led lights and new relays, fuses, and turn switch I have all lights but no brake lights, and hazards only light up in the front
I found the two brake light switches on the foot valve and tested all 4 terminals and they are all grounded and if I take the wires all off they're still coming back as ground but if I probe power in one side of either switch with them disconnected then hit the brakes the switches work.
I'd rather fix the issue instead of running new wires in the dash but if I have to I will just seems like it's probably a stupid issue I just ran out of ideas on where to look next. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Also forgot to add that the brake lights appear to be stuck on...when ser drive is on all leds in rear multi lamps are light up, and when you hit turn signal the outer ring of lights flash not the middle 3....which I believe is correct but they dont turn off when you turn off signal light. Just stop flashing

Ronmar

What year truck? Since these beasts were pre-configured to both tow and be towed as well as run blackout, they have a really complicated light system… because of this, you could have something activating the lights even though the pedal is not depressed…

The brake switches on the treadle valve are in parallel. I think it takes 5 PSI of air pressure to close them when the pedal is depressed. when you step on the pedal, they provide a path to ground to activate relay K6. K6 gets its power from the main switch. It is the same power that activates the main switched 24V ignition relay K2. That power flows past K2 thru CB 76 to pin 86 on relay K6. When you step on the pedal the brake switches ground K6-85 energizing that relay, so with air in the tanks and the main switch on, when you step on the pedal can you feel relay K6 energize?