• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake line leaking

rfischba1

I have a leaking brake line on a blazer I just pu that seems to be running from under the passenger side inside the wheel well. Hard to see where its leaking.
What usually leaks first the rubber hose? of the metal lines?
Do I need to use silicone brake fluid?
Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the wheel and do a throrugh inspection. I'd rather not take a guess when it comes to brakes. Your CUCV had silicone originally.

CCATLETT1984

if its the front, its probably the caliper leaking, if rear its the wheel cylinder. the seals inside them are probably shot from age, once you get this one done you can expect to do the others in the next few years.

rfischba1

Its on the front, looks like the hose that runs from the wheel under the frame, leaking at the point somewhere under the frame. Hard to see anything in this tight space.
What does the brake line connect to after it runs from the wheel?
The fluid is pouring out fast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks