• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake lines

Boatcarpenter

Anybody know what the proper nomenclature for the wire wound style brakeline on the rear of a Deuce is. Am trying to locate a source for it that might be within driving distance.
Thanks,
BC

acetomatoco

Steel or Rubber? I would just match it up at a good Napa truck store... or go into your manuals, get the NSN or Ord Part # and convert it to CAGE part # by end use....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That wire winding is referred to as "armor" (not the kind most of us are thinking of rofl)....................A good parts house will be able to sell you various lengths up to about 6' of straight, armor wound brake line, which you can then bend and flare to your needs.

Or...You can probably send your originals to a company like Classic Tube and they can make exact duplicates...they did tranny cooling lines for a '65 Plymouth Super Stock Belvedere I worked on....................

jasonjc

Re: RE: Brake lines

acetomatoco said:
Steel or Rubber? I would just match it up at a good Napa truck store... or go into your manuals, get the NSN or Ord Part # and convert it to CAGE part # by end use....

Ok how do you do that???? :?
how a bout a how to wirte up

The NAPA part I can finger out. I mean the nsn to cage to end thing