• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake problem

macawpat

I have a 1976 Dodge M880. My brakes were done several months ago and worked perfectly up untill this week. What I am experiancing is that when I apply the brakes only one tire is locking up and stopping the truck while the other three keep keep rolling. I have never seen this and have no idea what it could be. Booster is fine and the master is fairly new. Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Time to pull apart the wheel cyls that aren't working, or it could be the tubing is crimped. Couldn't find the dodge section?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, moved i to the correct forum. You need to determine if you have 3 wheels not braking or one wheel locking up. Odds are better that it's just one wheel. Since both rear wheels are tee'd off a single line, problems there would be limited to wheel cylinders or rubber hoses. Combination valve could also have an effect on things. Which wheel is locking up?

macawpat

Its the passenger front that locks up when nailing the brakes. A friend told me there is some type of valve after the lines come out of the master and then go to the different wheels. Something about a control pin that may be stuck ?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is called a combination valve. It does 3 functions. Proportioning valve, metering valve and pressure differential valve. The pressure differential valve being stuck could cause you to have only front or rear brakes but I can't imagine it causing only one wheel to brake. Do a little investigating into the combination valve. Is the brake light on? If the pressure differential valve is thrown, you should have brake warning light activated.

macawpat

Well due to the many people who had the truck before me it no longer has a brake light. All the brakes were working perfectly untill one morning. They were redone and a short time ago but close as I can figure it is just the one passenger front that is working now. But that is what my friend thought it was the combination valve.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do some google research on the combination valve. You will see how it works and hpw to reset the pressure diff valve and see if that fixes the issue.