• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake problems

Scrambler

A friend of mine has a M35A2C (and several other 6x6s)
The problem on this one is that the brakes ain't working as they should. Sometimes the pedal is hard like a rock, not possible to put it down, other times it's soft and goes straight to the floor, making no attempt to slow down the truck and sometimes it is just working fine.
Where do we start... :?:

If interested, the trucks he owns are: M35A2C; M109A3 (2 of them); M52A2; M62, M60, M35A2 without bed, XM275; WW2 GMC tipper, WW2 Ward laFrance wrecker; DAF 626 Wrecker... I might forget one or two... I have the M36A2, 1960 Magirus Jupiter (aircooled V8 4x4)(used to be a firetruck) and some smaller MV's

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If interested, the trucks he owns are: M35A2C; M109A3 (2 of them); M52A2; M62, M60, M35A2 without bed, XM275; WW2 GMC tipper, WW2 Ward laFrance wrecker; DAF 626 Wrecker... I might forget one or two... I have the M36A2, 1960 Magirus Jupiter (aircooled V8 4x4)(used to be a firetruck) and some smaller MV's
Your friend's initials wouldn't happen to be something like "PK", would they?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scrambler, it almost sounds like a master cylinder problem.
There is plenty posted about deuce brakes, a search may do you wonders, but bleeding the brake lines and getting any air out of the system must be done, for sure.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Scrambler, did you use to have a bunch of pics of your stuff on the greensix website?

M36-A2

clinto said:
Scrambler, did you use to have a bunch of pics of your stuff on the greensix website?
Yes!
Well, only 2 or 3 vehicles were mine, others were from friends or I 'd seen them around.

I used to have 2each M35A2, one Bombi tracked vehicle, to be seen here, the green one at the bottom of the page, possible that my M38A1 (CJ5) is on JED somewhere and the M36A2 that I own now could be on there too but I ain't sure because I can't find Greensix anymore. The GMC ambulance I also own is not posted there. In fact, I can't find another one like that anywhere. Possible one of you guys can help find info on this truck: It's a GMC 4x4 Dually ex-USAF ambulance; I don't know what M-number it is. I would like to know more about it, military specs and if NSN number etc.

I plan on fixing it up and paint it like this model (or similar idea)

This is a 1:87 HO scale, made out of Trident and Roco-Minitanks parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks