• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brakes working great for the first time!

stancanpara

Thanks to Steel Soldiers i.e. my new friend Curtis, my brakes on my M35A2 seem to finally be working as they should for the first time!!!!

Nobody seems to have the Air Pak rebuild kit availavle right now.. Curtis had one and brought it with him! :beer: About half way through the rebuild, as we were talking about what parts I need for my M275A1 (avatar pict) and the fact that we couldn't get one of the parts to cooperate, I decided to cannibalize an air pak I had for the 275... we took the large bore cylinder off and found that 1.) it didn't have the part I needed, and 2.) it appears that the airpak was brand new!!! No dirt or grime anywhere!!!

So, we completed the rebuild and I put it away for the M275 and put the new airpak on my M35A2!!! He also brought me a new set of brake pads that I needed!

Thanks Curtis! Thanks for your experience and time and for coming all the way up here to give me a hand!!!!:driver:

My turn to come give you a hand next time!

Your help was priceless!!!!

Without Steel Soldiers, I would have probably been working on my brakes forever!

:beer:

Attachments

stancanpara

Is that the new style A/P?
I don't know... it was made a LOT simpler than the one that was on my deuce, and it looked like it was new....

The first pict is the long pak that came out of the truck and needed to be cleaned and rebuilt, then the dirty air pak piston that came out of it then the third pict is the "new to the truck" air pak showing the air piston that is clean and greased.... It's a short pak and it's inside was spotless,... Came off a truck being cut up for it's Rockwell Axles.

stancanpara

No, that was a take off I picked up 5 or 6 years ago for another truck but hadn't installed yet. It seemed to be new... and MUCH simpler than the old style... I can't see where it would NEED a rebuild kit. It uses O rings and such so I think it could be 'rebuilt' easily without a "kit".

hoop

The second pic only shows about 1/3 the crud build-up. It was nasty.
I had a great time, hope all works well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks