• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broke down heading to haspin. Minor problem...

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So much for trying to fix what aint' broke. Bottom raditor hose let go, was rubbing in a spot. I replaced the bottom hose a month ago, good thing the old one went in the truck as a spare.

At exit 66 on interstate 70, route 54(in ohio). Made it to the fuelmart, so plenty of antifreeze and water. Got plenty of tools, so should be back on the road in a hour. Also have cold beer in the fridge.

Anyone heading thru, feel free to stop in for awhile.

Dennis

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you have everything under control Dennis. This can actually be some good news for the lot of us that use the interchage hose. It's more of a 90° than 2 45° angles and as such, if you don't shorten it enough it will rub.

oilcan

I won't be there in time to lend a hand (hopefully) but I'll be heading that way here directly.

Best of luck to all of us!

Matt1970M35A

Good work On the fix
Hay I was wornding if any body would like to convoy to Haspin
Ill be Leaving from Charlestown In 47111 and heading up Highway 3
The next town off of 65 is Scottsburg. We could meat up their or if a member would just like to ride up with me. Ill be driveing the Deuce and could use some company. Thanks

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wouldn't mind convoying to Haspin from my direction, but noone this far east seems to want to go. :( Trying to convince AM30Y+'s sons to carpool with me, but not sure they can take off work...

Dennis, good thing that hose busted now, and not next week. Get all the gremlins worked outta the truck now before the real event takes place.

Getting psyched!!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone notice that this breakdown was from last year? I think Dennis has had it fixed for a while now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks