• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken Alternator Bracket?

mechanicjim

Can anyone show me vehicle parts that have a shelf life? Maybe a gasket that dries out.
Well, certain Military Alternators do. We are not talking about a loaf of bread or a can of beans. I have civilian alternators that are 20 years old and as good as the day they were built.
On the other hand they are not filled with epoxy that breaks down after a few years, and after multiple heat cycles.
Just remember too, without good engineering, the larger output the alternator, the less amps are available at lower RPM, especially at idle. The alternator should match the expected loads with some reserve.
Food for thought.
Double Alt
....and what did that have to do with the above thread/conversation?......
you asked in another thread about that epoxy it is there for the requirements that these original alternators (C.E.Niehoff at least ) where made for. .....these are military designed alternators meaning they had to pass certain standards that civilian units don't have to. some of these standards for example Salt Water immersion, Battery less operation, Dust/ sand, as well as others.

you seem in the past week to have been jumping into threads say something to the effect of "the Military Alternators are a compromise in design" they were made for the application they were put into, finally Apples are apples, oranges are oranges they are both food for thought.

Have A Great Day

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
....and what did that have to do with the above thread/conversation?......
you asked in another thread about that epoxy it is there for the requirements that these original alternators (C.E.Niehoff at least ) where made for. .....these are military designed alternators meaning they had to pass certain standards that civilian units don't have to. some of these standards for example Salt Water immersion, Battery less operation, Dust/ sand, as well as others.

you seem in the past week to have been jumping into threads say something to the effect of "the Military Alternators are a compromise in design" they were made for the application they were put into, finally Apples are apples, oranges are oranges they are both food for thought.

Have A Great Day

Pimping his business

DOUBLE ALT

Hello Guys. I am now considered a Vendor. If you are having Alternator Problems go to double-alt.com
See Home page and move to Military page. My basic Double Alternator is 70 amps at 27.4 volts and 145 amps at 14.2 volts.
It replaces Many of the Niefhoff, Delco, Prestolite, and Leese Neville brands. More output is available up to 400 amps.
We have 2 Patents 7291933, 9793779 on our Alts, that improve dramatically the performance and extended life. We also have a Air Filter Kit that makes it even more popular for off road. 100% of the cooling air passes through the air filter.
Think of all the other Filters you have, so how did they miss the Heart of the Electrical System?
You can contact us at ron@double-alt.com

DOUBLE ALT

I am looking forward to discussions on the differences between Military and Civilian Alternators.
Each has a weakness. Unfortunately the Military has too many. You only get a few thousand regular road miles on a Military
Alternator and one can easily get 125,000 miles on a civilian model. As a Veteran serving in the Motor Pool, a race car mechanic and builder, a certified experimental aircraft mechanic, builder, including airframe and power plants, and now a manufacturer of specialty alternators, I think we can sort out the fruit. Merry Christmas Double Alt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks