• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Bud" Wheel Socket Needed

russ81

Does any one know where I can get a socket to remove the inner lug nut/stud from the rear wheels of my Duce? I believe they call these "Bud Wheels." I saw one for sale on this site a while back, and should have bought it, but didn't. Now I need one, and can't find anyone on line that carries this tool.

Thanks

ems4ty

I've got a brand new spare one if you need it. $10.00 for the socket (3/4" Drive x 1-1/2" Hex x 13/16" Square for both inner and outer lug nuts) plus postage USPS Priority or Parcel Post (Your Choice) and PP Fees and it's yours! [thumbzup]

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i need one of those sockets any one have one to sell , maybe want to clean out tool box thanks in advance Tim

ems4ty

Check ebay, Napa, Harbor Freight. Also, Houdel (a SS Member - Hope I got the spelling right) was selling them too. Prices range from on average $15 to $65 bucks. There's plenty of them out there.

jimm1009

I purchased mine from Mr. Houdel on this list and in this thread. It was in like-new-condition and woks great!
If I needed another, I would buy from him again. It's great to get a good deal (much much cheaper than NAPA and SnapOn) and also support a fellow brother afflicted by the O.D. Green Sickness at the same time.
It came in the mail and was waiting in my mailbox for me when I came home from work.
Jim in Louisiana
jimm1009@yahoo.com

Green_gator

You will also want a good sized extension if you go with the breaker bar. I have two of the sockets from Houdel and they are great to use. I use a 3/4 drive ratchet with a 16" extension for the socket. You probably are going to want a cheater bar also to increase the leverage on the breaker bar. It is not a light set up by the time you put together the socket, extension and ratchet/breaker bar.

ems4ty

I've got a 6" extension and a cheapo 3/4" Drive electric impact gun from Harbor Freight (Chicago Electric with 450 Ft Lbs Torque) that works very well. Only problem is that its really heavy after you've done a few tires. I'd always use the impact because doing it by hand takes forever. Cheers!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little trick I use when doing the rears with this manual equipment. I have a 2x4 with a variety of holes on each end that are big enough for that 3/4" drive extension to fit through. Selecting the right hole for the lug, I use this to support the outter end of the assy so I can apply a cheater or jump on it if necessary. The addition of the geared wrench makes this less necessary but lets face it, the geared wrench is reall only geared for removing the outer rear wheels, after that its a 1 to 1 wrench.

Green_gator

Kenny,
Great idea on the 2X4. I know that things start getting heavy after a bit. Some time I will have to see what the three pieces combined weigh.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks