• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Budget Bobber

m37dsl

Picked up a couple parts trucks and decided one was the perfect canidate for bobbing

I think its a late 60s A2 judging by the non turbo action.

After hauling it home, i removed the bed and rear suspension to make room for some front springs i saved off another part out.

Im sure it has already been discovered but the stock driveline works along with 4 of the rear spring hangar bolts lined right up with existing holes in the frame from the old setup. Put the WB right at 130.

Some fresh batteries and fuel and the old non turbo unit runs pretty well considering its condition.

Put on some rims i had laying around with 22.5 super singles on them, not sure if i want to keep them or not depends if i can find some good tires.

Pending plans are to make this a off road/recovery rig for winch outs.

I setup the rear axle with 19 spline detroit and big shafts, going to find some locking hubs for the front so i can run the same detroit with 19 spline inners and 16 spline outers (to fit the hubs).

I have a winch to go on the back of the truck which should fit the project nicely.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks