• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buffalo MRAP S/N from the first live-action Transformers film

HDN

I'm a fan of The Transformers - though not so much the live-action films. I'm more into the old cartoon of the '80s and the comics. But the first live-action Transformer film, released to theaters in 2007, featured a Decepticon character that turned into a Buffalo MRAP. That character is getting a high-end transforming "Masterpiece" figure that utilizes the CAD the studio used to manipulate the prop truck digitally to make it a Transformer. And when they did this digital transition, they also retained the serial number of the truck, which is apparently stamped on the back of each Buffalo built.

The film used Buffalo S/N FPIMPCV04H054. I'm guessing the truck used in the film was actually loaned by the Army since none were surplussed? The Transformers designers at Hasbro were apparently able to track down this individual vehicle that was used for filming to make the new figure out of it.

Does anyone here know anyone who would know which unit(s) this truck served in, or is that deep in FOIL request territory? I'm just super-curious now since this detail is actually retained on the new toy.

Oddly enough I can't find any good internet pictures of the Buffalo being used in the film, so here are some of the upcoming figure. The bottom is going to look a bit kibbly because the designers couldn't seem to figure out how to tuck an entire robot into the hull without movie magic. Pictures posted at TFW2005.

1692142396128.jpeg 1692142422487.jpeg 1692142449550.jpeg

And it transforms into this big ugly guy:

1692142500734.jpeg 1692142529969.jpeg
1692142578257.jpeg
1692142619162.jpeg

When planning the film, the writers chose the Buffalo MRAP partly because its manufacturer greatly exaggerated the size of its EOD fork. They thought it was big enough to toss cars out of the way until they found out from the manufacturer that it's actually only 14" wide. They decided to make it bigger on-screen anyway!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks