• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bugatti - REVE BLEU - the "Blue Dream" will finally fly!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although this aircraft - the BUGATTI 100P - was not actually a MILITARY VEHICLE, it does have a very interesting history, having been smuggled out of Paris in the dead of night just as the German Forces were capturing the city during World War II.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/525000827/reve-bleu-bugattis-blue-dream-will-finally-fly

Just imagine, if BUGATTI had indeed created a speed-record-setting airplane design, what could the Germans done with that technology toward improving their war machines?

Special features to notice:
- Counter-Rotating DUAL Props (Like on the Soviet TU-95 Bear Bomber of the Cold War Era)
- Inverted Tri-Tail (Horizontal and Vertical Stabilizers)
- Engine Cooling Air Inlets IN the leading edges of the Tri-Tail
- Engine postioned Midships for concentrated or compressed Center-of-Gravity (CG)

Bugatti Type 57 Car & 100P Airplane.jpg

NOTE:
I am NEITHER endorsing nor discouraging the FUND RAISING focus of the linked article - Simply posting up a historically significant aircraft design's story for y'all to enjoy.

Last edited:

caliber1

Awesome article Chappy. That is one bad a$$ lookin flyin machine. Might hafta stop in Oshkosh and see it on one of my trips movin back to the north woods.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Chaplain for a bit of history. Always fascinating to learn about past inventions that pushed the envelope to the edge and beyond.
God bless,'
Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks