• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bumper bolt

SsjSned

hey guys just bought a m1008 and took off my rear bumper because it was slightly bent in two spots.The truck came with the pintle hook in the bed but wont bolt on because that spot is where the first bend is and the bolts wont line up straight.the second bend was the top diamond plate of the bumper on the left side. took the four carrage looking bolts off instead of the bolts connecting the whole bumper to the frame. my plan was to use a hydrolic press to straighten the bumper back up. I must say afterward she looked as good as new and my pintle hitch bolted right on. Those carrage looking bolts were a pain to get off but it had to be done to get the hydrolic press room to bend the diamond plate.The top two bolts came off ok but the bottom set needed some pursuasion with my grinder. with some delicacy and luck i grinded both bolt heads off after lossing them halfway with out touchin the bumper.my question is where can i get 2 of these carrage head style bolts? Would a gm chevy dealer have the exact ones? What grade are the bolts? Thanks for any help.

CCATLETT1984

the local dealer should have them, They should be the same as the stock bolts. In a pinch you could just get some grade 8 carrage bolts from Home Depot and they would work fine. If you go that route get the plated ones, so they don't corrode.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks