• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumpers

Steel Hunter

Will a CUCV M1008 TRUCK rear bumper fit on a CUCV M1009 K5? I would like to make the change just not sure if it will bolt up. If anyone has done this swap please let me know. Thanks in advance.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Short answer - yes, but not easily.

Several on here have done it over the years, and I think Barrman's M1007 build details how he did it on a Suburban.

Cheers

Barrman

Post #165 in this thread is where I write about it:

Basically, it can be done. However, to get the full weight rating for the pintle hook I think it will be very tough in a M1009 due to the fuel tank being in the way of the bracing. Full utility of the shackles is kind of the same problem because the way the M1009 frame turns down at the rear compared to the straight truck frames.

Steel Hunter

Post #165 in this thread is where I write about it:

Basically, it can be done. However, to get the full weight rating for the pintle hook I think it will be very tough in a M1009 due to the fuel tank being in the way of the bracing. Full utility of the shackles is kind of the same problem because the way the M1009 frame turns down at the rear compared to the straight truck frames.
Thank you sir for the response I appreciate it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks