• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bus Bar Ground Under Dash

HeisenBob

After removing the dash and cluster for a thorough cleaning, I saw the bus bar ground above the parking brake. Besides providing a ground for the wiring harness, is this just available for other accessories that might need a ground?

There wasn’t anything connected to it in addition to the wiring harness. The TM doesn’t have anything connected to it.

sneekyeye

That is the ground for the whole dash. If it's not good, you can get all sorts of issues. There is only the one wire originally.

v12venator

I think I remember reading about connecting a ground to that bus bar when installing the arctic heater kit(maybe, maybe not) on a CUCV in the -20, but I was just futzing around through the manual trying to figure out some brake stuff so I wasn't particularly interested in that at the time. Short answer, like Marcus said, is yes. Since there are six connectors on that bar, you can adapt it to be used for other electro-magical devices you need ground for should you choose to do so. I would just make sure the contact at the wall and on the back of that bar are clean so you have good connection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks