• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying 6X6 info Please

bambambam22

I can not find where to put this for sure so if it is in the wrong place please tell me where to put it. Thank God I found this site, I am just beginning to learn and try to buy a 6X6 and I would welcome any information anyone would be willing to teach me. I want a 6x6 for hunting and camping and driving around turning heads. If anyone would be able to tell me which one would be the best to try and purchase I would be grateful. 1. First what is the difference in these and others that are not listed here Kaiser-Jeep, AM General, GMC M135? 2. Is there a best one to look for? 3. One with a winch is a good thing, right? 4. Can I get tubeless tires and NON split rim wheels? 5. Why are there so many for sale? 6. I found the government liquidation site that you have on the left side of your web site and they require an End User Certificate and approval to purchase is this normal? 7. Is there any hidden costs to buying from a site like this like a huge tax? 8. There just seams to be some kind of something that I don’t know about that bites you in the behind after you buy one of these trucks since they seam to be so cheap for what you get. I am sorry for so many questions but the auction is 5/19-5/21 and I have to learn as much as I can as fast as I can and I would greatly appreciate any information that anyone can share. 9. Are they as much fun as they look? 10. Why would I want to display my birth date? First thought is it is not a very good idea. 11. Did I put this in the right place if not can you tell me where to put this message? Thanks for any help!!!

scooter01922

Not really in the right spot but its ok, just try topost in the correct forum in the furure. Tip number 1: no duplucate posts PLEASE. If you could go into the other one and delete it i'm sure the mods would appreciate the help in keeping clutter to a minimum. With regards to your questions, 98 % of the answers can be found just reading through the deuce forum and searching. Not that i don't want to answer all your questions, you would most likely get a lot more info just cruising around. I'll try to give you the short answer to most of that list. (1.) am general, kaiser jeep ect are all pretty well the same for your purposes, GMC trucks wether the 135 or 211 are older and gas powered not the multifuel like the AMG or the KJ. (2.) no, not really (3.) it sure is but its going to cost you more coin up front (4.) You have lots of options on tires but why so biased against split rims? (5.) lots for sale because the govt is selling them all off (6.) Yes, those forms are normal. (7.) There is a buyers premium, i think its 10 % of sale price, but i buy private party and avoid GL. (8.) not really a question i guess :roll: the something that can bite you in the ass is the importance of previewing. The GL pics are notoriously bad, angled to miss defects or just plain wrong. The writeups can be complete BS as well. Only way to know what you are bidding on is to go look in person. (9.) More fun that you thought was possible while driving :) (10.) HUH??? i don't get the question? (11.) I'm sure you can figure that out after reading the site top to bottom, i'm fairly sure you will. These things are addictive. Oh, don't sweat it too much that there is an upcoming auction, no shortage of trucks coming out and even more privately owned and waiting to be discovered.

scooter01922

Oh yeah almost forgot, SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND :-D So much info on this site its not even funny. Chances are its already been discussed and has lots of info for you regardless of that your question is.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
no difference.
m35a2
yes
yes
they are getting surplused out, and are cheap
yes
10% buyers premium on top of state sales tax
the thing that bites you is, once you have one you will have to have 10 more
yes
display birthday?
close enough to the right forum, please don't post the same thing in multiple forums

welcome to the site

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks