• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying a deuce from the surplus auction?

ARoss

Hello every one! I am new to the site. I was motor transport in the marines so I have some knowledge of the 2 1/2. I have been admiring all the hard work and awsome jobs you guys are doing to all these trucks. I would love to one day own a truck and do somthing badass to it. The thing that i have been wondering is how hard is it to purchas a truck from one of the government surplus auctions? Im sure it isnt that hard but some insight on how to go about buying one would be great! Thanks in advance for you input. If there is already a thread please redirect me.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

There have been several threads on the subject but I'm search impaired.

Maybe someone will post a link to one of them.

There are some good SS folks down in FL....I'm sure some of them will chime in and assist in your slide down the slippery slope of MV addiction.rofl

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are getting started about three years too late! Almost all of the deuces are now out of the surplus system, last big batches were sold about two years ago. They are more onsies or twosies now, Currently it's the 900 series five ton trucks that are plentiful, but they too will dry up shortly. You will pay more now, but you should wind up with a truck that already has a title, has been inspected, and runs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks