• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

buying CARC

red devils dude

ok I am going to paint my truck with a MIL-spec CARC so I need to decide what type of CARC to use.
1. MIL-C-53039A a Single Component Aliphatic Polyurethane whatever that meens it's $59.99 a gal.
2. MIL-DTL-64159 a water born aliphatic polyurethane $128 a gal for the paint and $39 for the catalyst as you can see a lot of money for paint and
that's just for the green I will still need black and something else for the camo.
any help or thoughts? :confused:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at a few items painted with the one part stuff while at John Winslows place. One was abed that was painted 6 months ago and was sitting in a field. The other was John's personal M342A2 deuce dump which he just snadblasted and painted. The texture and color of the green was awesome. As far as weathering, I couldn't tell the difference between the weathered bed and the freshly painted tipper. Isn't the single componenet water bourne too?

oifvet23

my 2 cents says to go with the 2 part catalyst and paint, not so long ago when i was in the marines it was my job to paint vehicles, planes and helo's and we used a two part poly and catalyst without a reducer becuase it layed on thicker and flexible to make it more durable against the elements, corrosion and abuse, but then again i dont imagine youll abuse it much but it dose offer better protection i think.. just my 2 cents