• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C turbo on 6.2?

jrobinson5093

I have a civi 6.2 that I am building up to put in a 1969 C 50 tow truck. My question is has any one ever tried to put a C turbo off a m35a2 on a 6.2. I figure that the turbo makes relative low boost so it may work. And I think it would sound awesome.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It may be possible.

If you calculate the volume of the 6.2 at max revs vs the 7.6 at it's slower max rev, you may find the C turbo to be a good fit.

Are there maps available for the C turbo? What kind of boost are you looking for?

Rick

jrobinson5093

Im looking for low number. From what I have read about the 6.2 no more than 10psi. I would hope to maintain a 5 to 7 psi. With the room in the truck I hope to be able to build some custom up pipes and mount the turbo on the top back of the engine like most of todays turbo diesel engines Maybe custom tube headers. Just bounces ideas around now. I know that the 6.2 is no powerhouse but it is better than the 292 L6 in it

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Too many people read into turbos solely their PSI. PSI is only an indicator of resistance in a diesel engine. More PSI doesn't automatically mean more power. Increased CFM at the correct point in the turbo's map does.

That said, I don't have a C or D turbo map, but I do not believe it would make a good turbo candidate for a 6.2. Based upon the fact that they both operate in a close RPM band. (I don't spin mine past 2800rpm when it comes to the 6.2, 2700 for the multi) While it could certainly provide an ample amount of cfm to the 6.2. The problem would be spooling it. Or the likelyhood that it wouldn't spool until you're spinning the 6.2 past 2500+ rpm. Kinda defeats the purpose of a street vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks